2. To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must have reached the legal age of majority in the state, province, or territory in which he/she resides. Despite the foregoing, employees, representatives or agents (and those with whom such persons are living, whether related or not) of Genovate (the “Contest Sponsor”), its parent organization, subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers, advertising/promotion agencies and any other entity involved in the development, production, administration, or fulfillment of the Contest (collectively, the “Contest Parties”) are ineligible to enter or win.
3. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To participate in this Contest, you must have a valid Instagram, Twitter or Facebook account.
4. TO ENTER THE CONTEST: – Follow us on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook – Take a pic of what makes you unique, and upload with the tag @GenoArtDNA and hashtag #proudofmyDNA, and a comment to describe what you are proud of
5. In order to be eligible, an Entry must be submitted and received in accordance with these Rules and Regulations. Any Entry that contains obscene or offensive content will be void. All Entries must comply with the Instagram, Twitter and Facebook terms of service available at www.instagram.com, www.twitter.com and www.facebook.com.
6. If you opt to use Instagram, Twitter or Facebook via a wireless mobile device (which may only be available via participating wireless carriers and is not required to enter the Contest), standard text messaging and/or data rates may apply for each message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your services agreement with your wireless services provider. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless service provider rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless service provider for more information on messaging rate plans and charges before participating in the Contest via a wireless mobile device. Participation in this Contest via a wireless mobile device means that you understand that you may receive additional messages by wireless mobile device relating to this Contest, including potential winner notifications (as applicable), which may be subject to charges pursuant to your via your wireless service provider’s rate plan.
7. BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOU AGREE THAT THE ENTRY (AND EACH INDIVIDUAL COMPONENT THEREOF) COMPLIES WITH ALL CONDITIONS STATED IN THESE RULES AND REGULATIONS. THE RELEASED PARTIES (DEFINED BELOW) WILL BEAR NO LEGAL LIABILITY REGARDING THE USE OF YOUR ENTRY. THE RELEASED PARTIES (DEFINED BELOW) SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY YOU IN THE EVENT IT IS SUBSEQUENTLY DISCOVERED THAT YOU HAVE DEPARTED FROM OR NOT FULLY COMPLIED WITH ANY OF THESE RULES.
8. By participating in the Contest, each entrant warrants and represents that his/her Entry (including without limitation his/her Photo): (i) is original to him/her and that the entrant has all necessary rights in and to the Entry to enter the Contest; (ii) does not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation; (iii) does not contain any reference to or likeness of any identifiable third parties, unless consent has been obtained from all such individuals and their parent/legal guardian if they are under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence (note: if you cannot obtain the consent of an individual appearing in your Entry, then he/she must be completely deleted from your Entry); (iv) will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims for payment whatsoever; and (v) is not defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene, and further that it will not contain, depict, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following: nudity; alcohol/drug consumption or smoking; explicit or graphic sexual activity, or sexual innuendo; crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols; derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual, religious or other groups (including, without limitation, any competitors of the Contest Sponsor); content that endorses, condones and/or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky behaviour or conduct; personal information of individuals, including, without limitation, names, telephone numbers and addresses (physical or electronic); commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services other than products of the Contest Sponsor; any identifiable third party products, trade-marks, brands and/or logos, other than those of the Contest Sponsor (e.g. any clothing worn and/or products appearing in your Entry must not contain any visible logos, trade-marks or other third party materials unless the appropriate consents have been obtained — note: all identifiable third party products, trade-marks, brands and/or logos for which consent has not been obtained by the entrant must be blurred out so as to be unrecognizable); conduct or other activities in violation of these Terms; and/or any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion.
9. By entering the Contest and submitting an Entry, each entrant: (i) grants to the Contest Sponsor, in perpetuity, a non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use his/her Entry, in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Contest or for any other reason; (ii) waives all moral rights in and to his/her Entry in favour of the Contest Parties; and (iii) agrees to release and hold harmless the Released Parties (defined below) from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other cause of action that relates in any way to his/her Entry, including, without limitation, any intellectual property related cause of action. For greater certainty, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and at any time during the Contest, to modify, edit, delete or remove any Entry, or to request an entrant to modify, delete, remove or edit his or her Entry, if a complaint is received with respect to the Entry, or for any other reason.
10. There is no limit on the number of Entries per person. Your Entry may be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor) your Entry is not submitted and received in accordance with these Rules. All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Contest Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Entry or other information entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Contest Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Contest Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Contest Sponsor may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor.
11. PRIZE – There is one (1) Prize, consisting of a GenoArt DNA Art image, of the winner’s choice, colour and style, and created using the winner’s own DNA. The retail value of the Prize is $520 USD.
12. The Prize must be accepted as awarded. The Prize may not be sold or transferred and is not convertible to cash. All characteristics and features of the Prize, except as otherwise explicitly stated above, are at the Contest Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
13. After receiving 100 entries, the relevant post with the most likes will be declared the winner of the GenoArt Prize. The Contest Sponsor, acting reasonably, will attempt to contact the potential Prize winner to notify him/her that he or she may have won a Prize within seven (7) business days after the draw. Each potential Prize winner is solely responsible for monitoring his/her Account for such notification message(s). In the event that a potential winner cannot be contacted within such time, he or she will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be chosen at the Contest Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. By accepting a Prize, the winner: (i) confirms that he/she has read and understood these Rules; (ii) authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish, disseminate and otherwise use his/her name, city/town/village and province/territory of residence, photograph, voice and any other likeness and Entry (including without limitation the Photo) in connection with any promotion and/or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and/or information purposes at no additional compensation to the winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize; (iii) accepts the Prize as awarded; and (iv) releases the Contest Parties and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof. If a potential Prize winner: (a) cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) the Prize (as awarded) for any reason; and/or (b) is determined to be in violation of these Rules (all as determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); then he/she may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the Prize) and the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to choose an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new potential Prize winner).
14. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial/territorial and municipal laws. The decisions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of Entries and/or entrants. The Released Parties will not be liable for: (i) any failure of any social media or online systems during the Contest; (ii) any technical malfunction or other problems of any nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, those relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; (iii) the failure of any Entry or other information to be received, captured or recorded for any reason whatsoever, including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on a social media platform, online or at any website; (iv) any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participating in the Contest; and/or (v) any combination of the above. In the event of a dispute, Entries received on-line shall be deemed to be submitted by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the Account that was used to submit the Entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the person who is assigned to the Account by www.instagram.com or www.facebook.com. An entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the Account used to submit the Entry in question. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to withdraw, amend or suspend this Contest (or to amend these Rules) in any way, in the event of any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules, including, without limitation, any error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failure. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest in any way (as determined by Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Contest Sponsor, at its sole and absolute discretion, reserves the right to cancel, amend or suspend this Contest, or to amend these Rules, in any way without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason whatsoever. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, subject to the approval of the RACJ to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law. The Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to adjust any of the dates, timeframes and/or other Contest mechanics stipulated in these Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant or Entry with these Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Rules, or for any other reason.
15. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.